Farmland Flax Cookies
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Recipe courtesy of the Flax Council of Canada.
1-1/3 cups butter
1¼ cups granulated sugar
1½ cups lightly packed brown sugar
21/3 cups flax seed
3 large eggs
1½ tsp vanilla
3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking soda
3 cups oatmeal
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flax seed.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
3. Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
4. Form dough into 4 cm (1 inch) round logs. Place in freezer and chill.
5. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
6. Slice into .5 cm (1/4 inch) medallions.
7. Place on baking sheet leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) between cookies.
8. Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
9. Remove from sheet and cool.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.