Shaved Heirloom Bean Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Will Skinner, Executive Chef, Bar North at Thunderbird Hills Golf Club, Huron, Ohio
Sizzle, Winter 2011
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 t. sugar
10 oz. variety heirloom beans
4 oz. variety radishes
2 oz. organic parsley
²/³ cup apple cider vinegar
¹/³ cup citrus juice
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 t. maple syrup
4 oz. heirloom carrots
1. Mix balsamic vinegar and sugar in saucepan. Over medium heat, warm, stirring occasionally, while vinegar mixture simmers and reduces to syrupy consistency. Remove from heat; set aside to cool and thicken slightly.
2. Shave heirloom beans and radishes with peeler. Put in bowl with parsley. Set aside.
3. Put apple cider vinegar, citrus juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and maple syrup in heavy-duty blender; blend 30 seconds. Pour dressing into container.
4. Brush carrots with 2 T. dressing; grill.
5. For service: Put grilled carrots in bowl with shaved beans, shaved radish and parsley. Drizzle with 4 T. dressing. Lightly toss salad; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on plate; drizzle balsamic reduction around plate.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.