Sous Vide Citrus Salmon
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Clemson University's Culinary Nutrition Undergraduate Student Research Group
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, August 2010
½ cup nectarine juice
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 T. raspberry wine vinegar
1 T. fennel fronds
2 t. honey
1 t. fresh thyme
1 lb. salmon fillets
2 t. olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Using a thermal circulating bath, preheat sous vide water to 60°C (140°F).*
2. Combine nectarine juice, orange, lemon, lime, raspberry wine vinegar, fennel, honey and thyme (juice through thyme) in a mixing bowl,stirring well with whisk. Place salmon in large zip-top plastic bag. Add juice mixture to bag. Seal; shake well. Let stand in refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning frequently.
3. Place salmon with marinade in vacuum pouch; seal it using vacuum sealer.
4. Place salmon pouch in heated water bath; cook for 6-8 minutes. Remove salmon from pouch; sprinkle with pepper.
5. Heat olive oil in sauté pan over high heat. Cook salmon 2 minutes on each side; serve immediately.
*Follow manufacturer’s instructions for thermal circulating bath units.
4 3.5 oz servings
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.