Lamb Chorizo Albondigas with Mint Chimichurri
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Anthony Lamas, Chef/Owner, Seviche, Louisville, Ky.
Sizzle, Fall 2011
1 lb. ground lamb shoulder or leg (2 parts lean to 1 part fat)
2 T. kosher salt
2 T. fresh toasted breadcrumbs
1 T. ice-cold water
2 lemons, for juice and zest
1 T. fresh minced garlic
1 T. fresh oregano
1 t. smoked paprika
1 t. chili powder
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. cumin
1 t. coriander
1 t. black pepper
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup spearmint leaves
½ cup fresh parsley
½ cup fresh cilantro
1 t. crushed red pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 T. kosher salt
1. In large bowl, prepare meatballs: Mix well lamb, salt, breadcrumbs, egg, water and lemon juice/ zest. Add seasoning blend (garlic, oregano, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, black pepper and red pepper flakes); integrate into meatball mixture.
2. Chill meat in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll lamb mixture into 2 oz. meatballs on baking pan; put in oven for 8-10 minutes until browned. Hold for service.
4. Prepare chimichurri: Purée spearmint, parsley, cilantro, red pepper, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar and kosher salt.
5. Chill chimichurri in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. At service: serve meatballs with mint chimichurri.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.