Pomegranate Tapioca Parfaits
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Clemson University's Culinary Nutrition Undergraduate Student Research Group
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, December 2010
2 T. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1½ cup pomegranate seeds, divided
2/3 cup pomegranate juice
1 T. lemon juice
½ cup large tapioca pearls
2 cups water
2½ cups low-fat milk
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sugar
¼ t. salt
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
6 mint sprigs
1. To prepare compote, mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Add 1 cup pomegranate seeds, pomegranate juice and lemon juice; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Divide compote mixture among six 6-oz. parfait glasses, ramekins or other dessert cups. Place in refrigerator to chill.
2. To prepare pudding, soak tapioca in water for 3 hours in refrigerator in a 2-quart saucepan.
3. Drain water. Add milk, eggs, sugar and salt. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into mixture. Mix well. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and pearls are translucent (about 45 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. Spoon pudding mixture over compote. Cover; refrigerate until pudding is well chilled and firm, at least 1 hour.
5. To serve, garnish each parfait with remaining pomegranate seeds and mint sprig, if desired.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.