Kumquat Beet Salad
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Clemson University's Culinary Nutrition Undergraduate Student Research Group
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, January 2011
4 large beets, tops removed and ends trimmed
1½ cups kumquats, halved
1 lime, juiced
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
¼ t. salt
1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
2 T. pine nuts, toasted
2 T. chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wrap each beet in foil.
3. Roast until soft, about 1 hour.
4. Cool slightly; remove foil.
5. Rub off skins; cut into wedges.
6. Toss beets with kumquats, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper.
7. Top with cheese, pine nuts and chives.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.