Little Market S’more Tart
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Grace Donaghy, Pastry Chef, Little Market Brasserie, Chicago
The National Culinary Review, May 2014
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup melted butter
1½ cups sugar, divided
3¼ cups heavy cream, divided
1¼ t. vanilla, divided
1 T. + ½ t. salt, divided
1 cup dark chocolate
2 whole eggs
5 egg whites
¼ cup water
2 T. corn syrup
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/3 cup sugar. Press mixture into tart shells. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
2. Bring 1¼ cups cream, 1 t. vanilla and ½ t. salt to a simmer. Pour chocolate over; let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. Whisk in eggs until combined.
3. Portion ganache evenly into tart shells. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
4. Put egg whites, 2/3 cup sugar and ¼ t. vanilla in bowl. Place on pot of simmering water; whisk until sugar is melted and mixture hot. Whip until stiff and glossy. Pipe or spread meringue on cooled tarts; torch until deep golden.
5. In medium pot, combine water, ½ cup sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until deep amber. Carefully pour in 2 cups cream; add 1 T. salt. Cool.
6. To plate: Warm composed tart; place on top of salted caramel sauce.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.