You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Melina Kelson-Podolsky
Sizzle, Spring 2007
54.025 oz. poolish (recipe follows)
2 oz. wheat germ (2%)
4 lbs. bread flour (100%)
0.5 oz. fresh yeast (0.5%)
47 oz. water (72%)
2 oz. salt (2%)
0.025 oz. Fresh yeast (0.1%)
27 oz. water (100%)
27 oz. bread flout (100%)
1) In bowl, combine poolish, wheat germ, flout, yest and water.
2) Sprinkle with salt; knead. Continue to knead dough until gluten begins to untangle.
3) Punch and fold dough once each hour for 4 hours.
4) Cut dough into equal pieces; place on floured couche. Proof until airy, roughly 45 minutes. Flour or olive-oil wash before baking.
5) If possible, bake directly on a hearth at 500°F with steam. When beginning to brown, open damper until golden brown and with an internal temperature of 190°F, about 30-35 minutes. Cool completely on rack before cutting.
Dissolve yeast in cool water; stir into flour until well distributed. Ferment covered at room temperature for 12-16 hours, or until gassy and poolish shows creases down the center.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.