Grilled Asian Tofu Mini Appetizer Sliders
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Susan Hendee, Ph.D., CCE - Adapted from Flavour and Fourtune, Spring Volume 1999, issue 6 (1), Jacqueline M. Newman, Ph.D., editor
Sizzle, Spring 2009
From the Chef
“To enhance this dish, add slices of tomato and/or sprouts or any complimentary vegetarian garnish.”
1 package firm tofu (1 lb.)
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. ginger, minced
1 scallion, minced
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 T. Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
1 T. rice vinegar
2 T. sesame oil
12 mini hamburger rolls
1) Press tofu with weight on several paper towels for 1 hour to release liquid.
2) Cut tofu into six slices; place in a ceramic plate or nonreactive container.
3) Mix remaining ingredients, except rolls. Pour over tofu; marinate 1 hour.
4) Remove tofu from marinade; grill or broil until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
5) Cut each slice in half; place tofu on grilled mini hamburger roll.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.