Coconut Chipotle Cream Sauce
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Fernando Mojica, Jr., CEC
2 15-oz Cans Unsweetened Coconut Cream
2 oz Chipotle Pepper Puree
4 oz Shallots, shallots, chopped
7 oz Lemongrass, smashed with back of knife and chopped
2 Qts Heavy Cream
4 oz Coconut Rum
2 oz Cilantro, leaves only
3 Tsp Olive Oil
As Needed Beuree Manie
As Needed Salt
As Needed White Pepper
1) In a sauce pan, heat the oil and add the lemongrass and shallots.
2) Sweat the shallots and lemongrass until tender but not browned. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3) Add the coconut rum to the pan and reduce until almost dried.
4) Add the coconut cream, chipotle puree, heavy cream, and cilantro and bring to boil then reduce the heat so the cream is simmering.
5) Reduce the sauce by a 1/4. Then remove form the stove and strain thru a fine chinoise or cheesecloth.
6) Return the sauce to the stove and bring back to a simmer. Searon with salt and pepper as needed and if nessesary thicken the sauce using Beurre Maine.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.