Fried Green Tomatoes
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Jeff Bacon, CEC, CCA, AAC
1 Yellow or Red Bell Pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
3 tablespoons chicken broth
4 ounces Boursin Cheese, Softened
2 tablespoons Cream Cheese, Softened
6 Green Tomatoes
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Cornmeal
1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Slices Thick-Cut Bacon, Crisp-Cooked, chopped
1 tablespoon Fresh Chives, Chopped
1. Process the bell pepper with the broth in a blender or food processor, scraping the side frequently.
2. Combine the boursin cheese and cream cheese in a bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Slice the green tomatoes 1/4 inch thick and cut each slice into halves.
4. Mix the flour, cornmeal, Cajun Seasoning, salt and pepper into a bowl. Blend the egg and buttermilk in a bowl.
5. Dip each tomato slice into the egg mixture then coat with the flour mixture.
6. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Add the breaded tomatoes and fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool.
7. Spread the boursin cheese mixture on the tomato slices and top each with the bacon and chives.
8. Arrange on a serving plate and rizzle with the roasted bell pepper sauce.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.