Grilled Beef Salad with Lemongrass Dressing
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Martin Yan
Skills for Culinarians Day Cookbook, July 2004
1 pound flank steak
1/4 t salt
1/8 t black pepper
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup shredded napa cabbage
1/2 cup diced tomato
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4; cup thinly sliced shallots
1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
3 T Fish sauce
2 T sweet chili sauce
2 T chopped green onion
2 t finely chopped lemongrass
2 t sugar
1) Season beef with salt and pepper.
2) Place beef in lightly oiled grill pan Over high heat. Cook, turning once, until medium-rare to medium, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and cover with aluminum foil; let stand for 15 minutes.
3) Cut beet into thin slices across the grain.
4) Combine dressing ingredients in bowl; mix well.
5) In large bowl, combine lettuce, cabbage, tomato and onion. Just before service, toss salad mixture and meat with dressing. Garnish with mint sprigs.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.