Fried Green Tomatoes
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Walter Royal
Skills for Culinarians Day Cookbook, July 2004
6 green tomatoes, Cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Cup peanut oil
2 cups white cornmeal
1 cup Flour
1 T salt
2 t black pepper
1 t Cajun spice seasoning
Pinch of basil
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of cilantro
Pinch of thyme
Dash of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Season tomatoes with salt and pepper; place slices in buttermilk For 1 hour.
2) Mix cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper, Cajun spice seasoning, nutmeg and spices.
3) Dredge tomato slices in mixture.
4) Heat oil in heavy gauged pan at 275-300° F
5) Place tomatoes in hot oil For 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and tender to touch. Place on lined pan to drain. Keep warm.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.