Tuna with a Lychee/Thai Chili Vinaigrette on Mesclun
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Jackie Shen
Skills for Culinarians Day Cookbook, July 2004
8 oz. ahi tuna
1 T Kikkoman soy sauce
1 T minced ginger
14 oz. canned lychee
1 pear, diced
2 fresh Thai chilis, diced
2 t rice-wine vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
8 oz. mesclun
1/2 package enoki mushrooms
1/2 stalk jicama
2 red-grape tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper to taste
Crispy egg noodle, to garnish
1) Marinate tuna in soy and ginger For 1 hour.
2) To make vinaigrette, strain lychee juice into pan; add pear and chili, reduce. Add lychee pieces; cool to room temperature.
3) In blender, puree lychee syrup; acid rice-wine vinegar; gradually add vegetable oil. Season to taste.
4) Grill tuna to medium rare; set aside.
5) in bowl, mix mesclun with enoki, jicama and red-grape tomatoes. Toss with lychee/Thai chili vinaigrette.
6) Slice tuna; lay on top of salad; sprinkle with crispy egg noodle.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.