Cornish Hen in Hot Nogada Sauce
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Margarita Vin
Skills for Culinarians Day Cookbook, July 2004
1 Cornish game hen breast
8 T Cajun spice seasoning
8 T whole walnuts
1 cup cream
2 oz. goat cheese
2 oz. panela cheese (fresh, white cheese)
2 cups milk
3 T diced passion fruit
Butter for greasing
1) Place whole, shelled walnuts in milk bath overnight; then peel. Reserve milk.
2) Mold boneless Cornish Hen while adding the Cajun spices. Wrap in aluminum foil; heat in 240°F oven For 20 minutes.
3) Add cheeses and cream to milk. Blend peeled nuts.
4) Grease saucepan; bring walnut sauce “nogada" to light boil.
5) For service, pour base of nogada sauce, place Cornish hen in middle; decorate with passion fruit.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.