Tartare Tuna with Habanero Chili Balsam
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Margareta Vin
Skills for Culinarians Day Cookbook, July 2004
7 oz. yellowfin tuna, chopped tartare style
2 cups corn oil
2 cups olive oil
1 habanero chile
1 jalapeño chile
1 T cilantro
2 T crushed peanuts
3 T diced pineapple
10 drops lime juice
8 oz. julienned sweet potato
1) Combine corn and olive oil; heat in saucepan.
2) Cut chiles in halt; add to hot oil and try lightly.
3) Take oil of heat; discard chiles.
4) Combine tuna, pineapple, peanuts and cilantro; chill.
5) Heat oil again; deep Fry sweet potatoes.
6) For service, mold tuna mixture in center of plate; surround with Fried sweet potato chips.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.