Chicken and Figs
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Paul Sorgule, CCE, AAC
The National Culinary Review, November 2008
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup seasoned flour
1/4 cup clarified butter
2 T. vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1 cup carrots, medium dice
1 cup rutabaga, medium dice
8 peeled pearl onions, split in half
1 oz. brandy
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup dried figs, split in half
1/4 cup fig molasses
3 T. finely chopped parsley
1) Dredge chicken breasts in seasoned flour. Heat clarified butter and oil. Add chicken breasts; lightly brown on both sides. Discard oil/butter.
2) Blanch carrots, rutabaga and pearl onions.
3) Deglaze hot chicken pan with brandy; allow to evaporate. Add chicken stock, vegetables, figs and chicken. Cover; put in 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
4) Return to stove, uncover; reduce until sauce coats back of spoon.
5) Divide vegetables among four plates. Top each with two pieces of chicken; mask with small amount of sauce. Drizzle each plate with fig molasses; garnish with chopped parsley.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.