Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditation by American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC) assures that a program is meeting at least a minimum of standards and competencies set for faculty, curriculum and student services.
Benefits of Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditation
- Creates public trust by ensuring
- Established standards
- Accountability and credibility
- High level of professionalism
- Up-to-date and current practices
- Marketing tool for recruiting students
- ACFEF accreditation acts as a third party endorser for federal funding
ACFEFAC is recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation goes digital. Validate and share your program’s accreditation on the online marketplace. Learn More
Want to learn more?
Complete our Accreditation Information Inquiry form to receive an information packet.
See What Programs Have Been Accredited
ACFEF Accrediting Commission Actions and School Responses
View ACFEF’s scheduled site visits.
Annual Program Updates
- Annual Program Updates are required to be submitted by all ACFEF Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditated programs between January 1 and May 1 each year. Please note that all programs must submit an Annual Program Update, even if you had a site visit within the year; this is a requirement of our accrediting organization.
- Follow these steps to process your Annual Program Update:
- Access the Annual Program Update form.
- Enter your program’s information in each of the boxes or choose the best option from the drop down menu for each question.
- When finished, click “Submit” to send the information to the Accreditation Department at the ACF National Office. You may also choose to Save or Print the questionnaire for your records.
- Your Annual Program Update will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status. Any pending issues must come into compliance by June.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Accreditation Department at (800) 624-9458. Thank you very much!