You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Lucia Merino, pastry chef, Oak Restaurant, Dallas
The National Culinary Review, October 2014
3 cups fresh blueberries (to yield 500g blueberry puree, divided)
4 gelatin sheets
125g egg yolks
225g heavy cream
1. Rinse and drain blueberries. Puree in food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Place gelatin sheets in ice water to hydrate. Set aside.
3. Put sugar and egg yolks in bowl on double boiler over medium heat; whisk constantly to 85ºC. Put in bowl of mixer with whisk attachment; whip to 30ºC. Set aside.
4. In separate bowl, whip cream by hand to medium peaks.
5. Remove gelatin from ice bath; squeeze out water. Put gelatin and 125g blueberry puree in small pot; warm over medium heat just enough to melt gelatin. Fold in remaining blueberry puree; mix in sugar/egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in whipped cream.
6. Pour into piping bag; pipe into desired molds. Allow to set in refrigerator at least 3 hours before serving.
Dessert, The National Culinary Review
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.