Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditation for Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Programs
Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditation by American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC) assures that a program is meeting at least a minimum of standards and competencies set for faculty, curriculum and student services.
Benefits of Postsecondary and Secondary Accreditation
- Creates public trust by ensuring
- Established standards
- Accountability and credibility
- High level of professionalism
- Up-to-date and current practices
- Marketing tool for recruiting students
- ACFEF accreditation acts as a third party endorser for federal funding
ACFEFAC is recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Want to learn more?
Complete our Accreditation Information Inquiry form to receive an information packet.
See What Programs Have Been Accredited
ACFEF Accrediting Commission actions and schools responses
View ACFEF’s scheduled site visits.
Annual Program Updates
- Each ACFEF Accredited Postsecondary and Secondary program is required to submit an Annual Program Update between January 15 and March 31 of each year. There will be no exemptions from submitting an Annual Program Update, even for those programs which are scheduled for a Site Visit in that year.
- The Annual Program Update is a questionnaire which should take 20-25 minutes to complete, and will be made available to Accredited programs via the Survey Monkey website. The ACFEF Accreditation Department will forward the appropriate (Postsecondary or Secondary) web link to each Accredited Program Coordinator at the start of each year, along with detailed instructions for completing and submitting the completed Update.
- The ACFEF staff will review your Annual Program Update, and you will be notified of its status.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Accreditation Department at (800) 624-9458.