Central Texas Beef Brisket
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Sizzle, Winter 2016
10-12 lbs. whole brisket
1/3 cup kosher salt
1/3 cup cracked black pepper (not finely ground)
1. Trim excess fat from brisket, leaving 1/8-¼ inch fat cap.
2. To make rub, mix salt and pepper in small container. Sprinkle over meat surface; pat down. Let seasoned brisket sit uncovered at room temperature about 1 hour.
3. Heat smoker to 210ºF. Place brisket in smoker once smoke is thin and white. Maintain smoker at 210ºF.
4. Smoke meat for approximately 12 hours until fork tender.
5. Remove from heat; rest meat for 1 hour. Slice cooked meat against grain.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.