Certified Chef de Cuisine® (CCC®)
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
Must have supervised at least two full-time people in the preparation of food.
Experience must be within the past ten years.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 100 Continuing Education Hours (CEH) with three years of experience supervising a shift or stations
- 150 Continuing Education Hours (CEH) with three years of experience supervising a shift or stations
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts with three years of experience supervising a shift or stations
- ACFEF Apprenticeship Program with three years of experience supervising a shift or stations
Mandatory Course Requirement:
- 30-hour course in Nutrition
- 30-hour course in Food Safety & Sanitation
- 30-hour course in Supervisory Management
Courses completed more than five years ago will require an 8 hour refresher in each topic. Courses are available through ACF approved providers
or any academic institution.
There are three steps in the application process:
Initial Pre-Approval Application
Submit Initial Pre-approval application with proof of education, 30 hour courses and work experience. Employment verification can be submitted on the Employment Documentation Form or employer letterhead. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing applications.
Schedule Written & Practical Exams
Upon receiving approval for the Initial Pre-approval application, you are eligible to schedule your written and practical exams. Please visit the written exam and practical exam pages for scheduling information.
For assistance in preparing for the written and practical exams, review the CCC® Handbook , with updated market baskets, competencies, forms and requirements.
After successful completion of the written and practical exams, submit the Final application with exam pass sheets and application fee. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. Upon approval, certificate will be mailed.
CCC® Certification requires renewal every five years. For more information, visit the recertification page.
Member Estimated Costs
Non-Member Estimated Costs
Have questions or need more information? Contact the ACF Certification Department.