Certified Master Chef® (CMC®)
- Possess the practiced skills to perform culinary art to the very highest standards.
- Have a foundation of quality experience and education in advanced level courses, externships and/or competitions.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to perform eight days under extreme pressure.
- Secure funding to cover expenses: application and exam fees, travel, housing, meals, etc. Estimated cost $6,000.
ACF Certification Requirement: Current CEC® or CCE® with special permission.
Mandatory Course Requirement:
- 30 Hour Wine Course
- 30 Hour Human Resource Management Course
- 30 Hour Advanced Sanitation Course
- 30 Hour Cost Control Management Course
- Letter of financial support
- Letter of support from one Current CMC®
There are two steps in the application process.
Submit pre-approval application with required documents and application fee.
Approved candidates register for Practical Exam when dates are announced. All applicants should carefully review the CMC® Handbook for practical exam guidelines.
Fees, Refunds and Other Expenses
- $300 Member or $500 Non-Member pre-approval application fee. Pre-approval application fee is non-refundable.
- Approved candidates must submit a $2000 exam registration deposit when exam dates are announced. Registration deposit is fully refundable up to 60 days in advance of the exam.
- 30 days prior to exam, approved candidates must submit $2300. All funds are non-refundable once balance is paid.
- Food for the exam must be paid prior to the start of the exam. Estimated cost of food for the exam is $1400. Once registered, candidates will be notified of food cost expense for the exam.
CMC® recertification is required every 5 years. Please see the Recertification Page for additional information.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the ACF Certification Department.