Prepare for ACF Certification
ACF Continuing Education Hours
ACF-certified chefs must demonstrate continued education and learning experiences to maintain certification. View Continuing Education Hour Guidelines for a list of accepted activities, number of CEHs earned and required documentation.
To ensure the quality of educational content, we recommend that half of the professional development activities come from ACF and/or ACF-approved providers.
Visit the Recertification page for requirements by certification level. ACF members can view their CEHs on their ACF member profile. Submit CEH Activities>to your member profile.
Hosting an event or program? Submit an application
to become ACF-approved and offer CEHs.
ACF Advanced Professional Cooking Classes
ACF’s Advanced Professional Cooking Classes are an ongoing series of professional development courses developed in partnership with American Master Chefs Order to hone your skills and help you prepare for higher levels of certification, with focus on segments from the Certified Master Chef Exam. For more information and current class schedule, visit www.acfchefs.org/APCC.
ACF Certification Written Practice Exams
Test your knowledge before taking the exam and earn one continuing education hour towards ACF certification. Practice exams are available on the ACF Online Learning Center at www.acfchefs.org/OLC.
ACF Certification Practical Exam Video Prep Course
Provided in partnership with Pearson
The self-paced videos and training modules in this course provide an overview of culinary skills and best practices to help prepare for the ACF certification practical exams and is approved for four continuing education hours towards ACF certification.
Digital access codes for six-month subscriptions are available for purchase through MyPearsonStore
- Self-paced course, interactive format.
- Addresses skills included in practical examinations for CFC®, CC®, CSC®, CCC® and CEC® designations.
- Covers all components of the practical exam including safety and sanitation skills, organization, craftsmanship skills and finished product skills.
- Includes 65 instructional videos, all shorter than four minutes.
- Provides tips from the exam evaluators on best practices for exam success.
- Challenges with 15 knowledge checks including multiple choice questions and matching activities.