ACFEF Quality Programs
The American Culinary Federation is the largest professional organization of chefs and cooks in the United States and is the culinary leader in offering educational resources, training, apprenticeship and programmatic accreditation.
ACF Education Foundation (ACFEF) Quality Program status recognizes culinary- and hospitality-related programs that meet or exceed industry standards for education and training.
Quality programs are defined and designed for educational schools, organizations or institutions offering courses or programs in areas including, but not limited to: culinary arts, baking and pastry arts, hospitality management, foodservice management, food photography and food styling.
ACFEF does not recommend any one program or course of study over another. ACFEF may promote education programs but does not endorse them as the sole recommended resource provider.
- Program must be in existence with registered participants at least six months before applying for ACFEF Quality Program status.
- Program instructors are qualified to teach assigned subjects and demonstrate proficiency through a series of job experiences and/or post-secondary education.
- Learning objectives are clearly defined through marketing materials, lessons plans and/or syllabi.
- Proper sanitation rules are followed in all classroom and learning environments.
- Adequate facilities and space to meet the outlined objectives for the program.
Attend a Quality Program
Attending an ACFEF-recognized quality program ensures that you are receiving culinary education that maintains ACFEF’s high standards. See which programs have been recognized in your area. More
Become a Quality Program
As the culinary industry continues to thrive and educational offerings become more competitive, consumers are choosing institutions that have had a third party validation. Learn more about becoming an ACFEF Quality Program or download the application package.
For questions or additional information, please contact the education department at the ACF national office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 624-9458.